|Losing 10 Pounds|
1. Ten pounds of fat consists of 35,000 calories. In order to lose 10 pounds, a deficit of 35,000 calories must be created, either through exercise or a reduction in food intake.
2. Studies suggest that curbing calorie intake may be more effective than exercise alone for shedding weight. Exercise tends to make us hungrier, and subsequently we eat more. While it is true that muscle burns calories, cutting calorie consumption will work more quickly to shed weight.
3. Women should consume at least 1,200 calories a day, and men should aim for 1,600 calories a day in order to facilitate healthy weight loss. Cutting calories too drastically may launch the body into conservation mode, making the effort to lose 10 pounds much more difficult.
4. Forgo the expensive diet food, and instead search cooking web sites for recipes built around ingredients you love. It will be easier to get to your goal quickly, and stay there, by eating foods you enjoy. You may also speed your weight loss by serving your meals on a small plate. People tend to think they have to fill their plates, regardless of the size.
5. Make breakfast a big, healthy meal. Consuming whole grains, low-fat dairy products and fresh fruit will make you less likely to spring for a calorie-laden doughnut when the mid-morning cravings set in.
6. Drink lots of water. Consuming seven to 10 glasses of water will fill you up and make you feel better. You will be more likely to stick with your weight loss plan.
7. Reward yourself. A small square of dark chocolate with two or three dried apricots packs a lot of antioxidants and serves as a nice treat between meals. If you develop a craving, have a small amount of the food you desire. Indulging with restraint is preferable to going wild and abandoning your weight loss goal.
8. Distract yourself with healthy activities. Take the dog for a brisk walk. Get outside and do some gardening, or exercise to some music or an exercise DVD. You will feel better when you are done and more motivated to continue on to your goal to lose 10 pounds.
1. Whats your weight loss tip?
Image Credit: Stock.Xchng