You will need:
3 cups of self-rising flour
1/3 cup of granulated sugar
1-12 ounce bottle of beer
3 tablespoons melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix the sugar and flour in a large bowl.
3. Add beer.
4. Continue to mix, using a spoon. As the batter gets stickier, you may have to use your hands. Do not overmix.
5. Pour into a greased 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
6. Drizzle the melted butter over the top of the loaf.
7. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. The bread is done when tapping the bottom produces a hollow sound. The bread will have a crunchy crust and soft interior.
1. Experiment with the type of beer you use. Try dark beer for dark bread with heavier flavor. Light beer gives a fresh, white bread flavor.
2. For spicier bread, add Mexican or cheddar cheese to the flour and sugar before adding the beer. You can also try Italian herbs or garlic powder. Remember that if you don’t eat your beer bread right away, the flavors will become stronger.
3. If you don’t have self-rising flour on hand, make your own by mixing 1 cup of flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder and ½ teaspoon of salt.
1. Whats your recipe for beer bread?
2. Did this recipe work for you?
Image Credit: Manda Juice
Written By: Shannon R