|Homemade Cake Frosting|
1. Assemble the following ingredients:
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1/2 cup shortening
• 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 5 cups confectioners' sugar
• ¼ whole cup milk
2. Mix butter and shortening. Add vanilla extract, salt, sugar and whole milk, and beat well until light and fluffy.
- Add milk or water to thin the consistency of thick frosting.
- Use food coloring gel or paste for color.
- Allow the cake to cool completely in order to prevent the frosting from melting.
- Spread a thin layer of frosting on the cake first to prevent crumbs from showing in the main layer of frosting.
- As you cut your cake, dip the knife in hot water and clean after each slice so that frosting will not stick to the blade.
- Refrigerate your leftover icing for up to two weeks in an airtight container.
1. How do you make cake frosting?
Image Credit: ursamajor
Written By: Shannon R