|Poaching an Egg|
You will need:
• One egg
• ½ teaspoon vinegar to help the egg hold its shape
• Small microwave-safe cup or bowl
• Plastic wrap
• Slotted spoon
1. Add water to the cup or bowl until one-third full.
2. Add the vinegar.
3. Crack the egg into the water, being careful to keep the yolk intact.
4. Cover the cup or bowl loosely with plastic wrap and place in microwave.
5. Cook at 80 percent power for one minute. Check the egg. If it is not done, return for 20 seconds and check again. Repeat at 20-second intervals if necessary.
6. Remove the egg with the slotted spoon. Your egg is properly poached when the white is set and the yolk is soft to the touch.
7. Place the egg in cold water to wash off the vinegar and stop the cooking process.
1. Remove the egg from the hot water at once to prevent further cooking.
Image Credit: avlxyz