|Pumpkin Seed Recipe|
1. You will need:
• One pumpkin
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
2. Remove seeds from the pumpkin and soak them in a large pot of water for two hours.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Rinse seeds in a colander to remove the remaining pulp.
4. Place the seeds in a saucepan. Add two cups of water for every ½ cup of seeds. Add ½ tablespoon of salt to each cup of water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Drain.
5. Spread olive oil in a roasting pan. Bake the boiled seeds for 15 minutes or until they begin to brown. Remove from oven and cool.
1. Try other flavors such as cinnamon, maple syrup, honey, garlic powder or curry powder. Coat seeds in seasonings before baking.
2. Keep roasted seeds for up to one week in an airtight container.
1. Whats your tip on preparing pumpkin seeds?
Image Credit: unsure shot
Written By: Shannon R