1. What you will need:
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon ground ginger
• ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¾ cup sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 15-oz can of pure canned pumpkin
• 1 12-oz can of evaporated milk
• 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
3. Mix first five ingredients in a small bowl. Beat eggs in a large bowl, and add the spice mixture and pumpkin. Mix well, and add evaporated milk slowly.
4. Pour filling into shell.
5. Cover the edges of the crust with strips of aluminum foil or use a pie crust shield to prevent over-browning. Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.
6. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F, and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife blade inserted into the pie comes out clean.
7. Remove aluminum foil or pie crust shield, and cool for two hours.
8. Serve at once or refrigerate.
1. Freeze any uncooked left-over pie filling for up to a month.
2. Don't freeze a baked pumpkin pie since it won't thaw properly.
3. Don't worry if your cooked pie has a little moisture on it. This is normal. Simply blot with a paper towel before serving.
1. How do you make pumpkin pie?
2. Have you tried this pumpkin pie recipe?
Image Credit: Sea Turtle
Written By: Shannon R