|Homemade Stuffing Recipe|
While many people cook the stuffing inside the turkey, this can be dangerous because of the difficulty of raising the stuffing’s temperature to a safe 165 degrees F without overcooking the turkey.
Follow these steps for a moist and delicious stovetop stuffing.
What you will need:
• 10 bread heels, cubed, or 4 ½ cups of firm bread cubes
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 1 stalk celery, chopped
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 2 cloves minced garlic
• ½ teaspoon sage
• ¼ teaspoon marjoram
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper
• 1 cup of boiling water
1. Melt butter in a large pot.
2. Mix in onion, garlic and celery.
3. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
4. Mix in pepper and herbs, and stir.
5. Add boiling cup of water.
6. Stir, and bring mixture to a boil.
7. Remove pot from stove, and lightly toss in cubes of bread.
8. Cover pot and let stand 5 minutes.
Image Credit: vissago
Written By: Shannon R