1. Keep your doors locked. This seems like a very well known tip but unfortunately many people neglect to do this and end up with a stolen vehicle.
2. Roll your windows up. It's simple to do and just takes a moment.
3. Park near lighting. You want your vehicle to be seen and not in a dark unseen area.
4. Keep your spare set of keys on you. By hiding a spare set on the outside of your car your pretty much rolling the red carpet down for any car thieves.
5. Get an alarm system and make it known. make sure a sticker is visible or some sort of item to deter them. They would much rather have a car un-protected because of the chances they risk.
6. Enroll in a local anti-theft service. Your local police department can enroll you and record key parts on your vehicle. This will deter thieves because they know the parts can be traced back.
7. Keep your title and registration out of your vehicle. If thieves obtain these items it makes it easier for them to sell your vehicle.
8. Be cautious when approaching your vehicle. Look over your surroundings and by other vehicles. If you see anything odd, leave and if needed call the local authorities.
- Rinse And Repeat. You always have to stay on top of this
Written By: Christopher E P