What you will need:
• 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon ground cloves
• ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 2 teaspoons ginger
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• ¾ cup softened margarine
• 1 egg
• 1 tablespoon orange juice
• ¼ cup molasses
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Sift together flour, salt, cloves, cinnamon, baking soda and ginger in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Cream together sugar and margarine in a large bowl until fluffy. Mix in the egg, and stir in molasses and orange juice.
4. Stir the sifted dry ingredients into the sugar-margarine mixture.
5. Chill dough in refrigerator for one hour.
6. Shape dough into small balls. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Flatten cookies slightly.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring cookies to a wire cooling rack.
- Store cookies in a tightly sealed container.
Written By: Shannon R