|Peanut Butter Cookies With Butterscotch Bits|
You will need:
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 1 1/4 cups flour
• ½ cup shortening
• 2/3 cup peanut butter
• 2/3 cup lightly packed brown sugar
• ½ cup granulated sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 cup butterscotch chips
1. Combine baking soda, salt and flour in a small bowl. Set aside
2. Cream together shortening, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
3. Stir dry ingredients into shortening-sugar mixture.
4. Blend in egg.
5. Add butterscotch chips, and mix.
6. Shape dough into small balls, and position on greased cookie sheet, about 3 inches apart.
7. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Cookies may be stored for up to one week in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Peanut butter cookie dough will keep in the freezer for three months. Baked cookies can be frozen in airtight containers for up to 12 months.
Written By: Shannon R