|Sugar Cookie Recipe|
You will need:
• 3 cups flour
• 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
• 2/3 cup shortening
• 2 eggs
• 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 tablespoons milk
• ½ teaspoon salt
• Beaten egg whites
• Sprinkles or colored sugar
1. Cream shortening and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add eggs, beating well.
3. Mix in milk and vanilla extract.
4. Combine flour, baking power and salt. Add dry ingredients to shortening-sugar mixture, mixing well.
5. Shape dough into a large ball and wrap up in waxed paper.
6. Refrigerate for two hours.
7. Preheat oven to 400 F.
8. Take half the dough from the refrigerator, and roll it out on a floured surface. Roll ¼-inch thick for soft cookies and thinner for crispier cookies.
9. Cut dough into shapes with cookie cutters.
10. Place cookies on greased cookies sheets, ½ inch apart.
11. If desired, brush with egg whites and sprinkle with toppings.
12. Bake for six to eight minutes or until lightly browned.
13. Cool on wire racks
Image Credit: M I S C H E L L E
Written By: Shannon R