|Apple Crisp Recipe|
You will need:
• 8 cored, peeled and chopped apples
• ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
• 1 cup pecans
• 1 cup walnuts
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1 cup flour
• 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
• Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Place chopped apples in a 9 x 14-inch baking dish, and sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon.
3. Cover dish with aluminum foil, and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
4. Chop pecans and walnuts in food processor, using a few quick pulses.
5. Add flour and brown sugar, and continue to process until combined.
6. Add butter and pinch of salt, and process until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
7. Sprinkle mixture over chopped apples.
8. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown.
Image Credit: Jack Amick
Written By: Shannon R