|Apple Pie Recipe|
You will need:
• Pastry for double-crust pie
• 8 medium-sized, peeled, sliced cooking apples
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 tablespoons flour
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
• ¼ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Line a 9-inch pie plate with bottom layer of pastry.
3. Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a small bowl.
4. Place the sliced apples in a large bowl, and add sugar-spice mixture. Toss lightly.
5. Transfer apples to pastry-lined pie plate.
6. Carefully drape top layer of pastry over the sliced apples.
7. Seal edges of pastry, pinching the dough to make a decorative edge.
8. Cut slits in the pie to vent steam.
9. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the top is golden.
- Use a pie shield to keep the edges of your pie from burning.
Written By: Shannon R