|Caramel Popcorn Recipe|
You will need:
• 10 cups popped popcorn, warmed in oven
• 1 cup salted peanuts
• ½ cup butter
• ¼ cup corn syrup or honey
• 1 cup brown sugar
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon vanilla
• ¼ teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 250 F.
2. Pour warm popcorn and peanuts into a large bowl.
3. Melt butter over medium heat. Add corn syrup or honey, brown sugar and salt.
4. Bring ingredients to a boil, stirring continuously.
5. When boil has been reached, stop stirring and boil an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Remove from stove, and stir in vanilla and baking soda. Pour over popcorn-nut mixture and stir. Be careful since syrup will be very hot.
7. Transfer to a shallow baking dish, and bake for 1 hour, stirring several times.
8. Remove from oven, and cool completely. Break into pieces.
Image Credit: lynac
Written By: Shannon R