|Homemade French Fries|
You will need:
• 2 cups cold water
• 2 large peeled russet potatoes, sliced lengthwise into ¼-inch pieces
• 6 cups vegetable oil
• salt for seasoning
1. Soak potato strips in cold water for 30 minutes.
2. Remove potato strips from water, drying completely with paper towels.
3. Heat oil to 375 F in deep fryer.
4. Carefully add potatoes to oil, and fry for 2 minutes.
5. Remove from oil, and cool.
6. Return fries to hot oil, and fry another 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown.
7. Drain fries on paper towels placed over newspaper or brown paper bags to reduce greasiness.
8. Season with salt and serve.
Image Credit: Richard Elzey
Written By: Shannon R