|French Toast Recipe|
You will need:
• 6 thick slices bread, left out overnight to dry
• 2 eggs
• 2/3 cup heavy cream
• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
1. Beat together cream, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract.
2. Melt butter on griddle or in pan over medium-high heat.
3. Briefly immerse each slice of bread in egg mixture, covering both sides.
4. Transfer to pan, and cook each side until golden.
5. Serve hot, topped with syrup, honey, strawberries or powdered sugar.
- Brioche, challah and thick slices of white sandwich bread work well for French toast.
- Clean the pan or griddle with paper towel between batches. Use fresh butter for each batch to prevent your French toast from tasting scorched.
Written By: Shannon R