|Fried Rice Recipe|
You will need:
• 6 cups cold, cooked rice
• 2/3 cup chopped baby carrots
• 1/2 cup green peas, frozen
• 2 cloves minced garlic
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 eggs
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
1. Boil carrots in a small pan of water for 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Add peas to the pan of carrots, boil briefly and drain.
3. Heat wok on high setting. Pour in olive oil.
4. Add carrots, peas and minced garlic. Cook for 30 seconds.
5. Mix in eggs, stirring constantly and quickly to scramble well with vegetables.
6. Add cold, cooked rice to egg-vegetable mixture.
7. Pour soy sauce over rice. Toss rice well to coat with soy sauce.
8. Drizzle sesame oil over rice, and toss again.
- Keep the wok hot as you cook the fried rice. Rice will stick to a wok that is not sufficiently heated.
- Use medium- or long-grain rice. Short-grain rice tends to stick together because it is softer than longer-grained rice.
Written By: Shannon R