You will need:
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 pound lean ground beef
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
• 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
• ½ teaspoon sage
• Dash of salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Use olive oil to grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
3. Place dish in oven to warm while oven is preheating.
4. Combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and spices. Form into 1 ½-inch balls.
5. Place in heated baking dish, about 1 inch apart.
6. Bake 15 minutes, turn and bake an additional 5 minutes. The outside of the meatballs should be a little crispy.
7. Serve, mixed with sauce or on their own.
- For even leaner meatballs, substitute ground turkey.
Written By: Shannon R