You will need:
• 1 16-ounce package of Oreo chocolate crème sandwich cookies
• 1 8-ounce package of softened cream cheese
• 2 8-ounce packages of chocolate chips, semisweet variety
• Chocolate sprinkles
1. Break Oreo cookies into pieces and blend in food processor on high speed until finely crushed. Cookies can also be placed in a resealable bag and crushed with a rolling pin.
2. Blend cream cheese and cookie crumbs by hand with a spoon or in a stand mixer.
3. Chill for one-half hour in refrigerator.
4. Roll into teaspoon-size balls, and refrigerate for an additional 15 minutes.
5. Melt chocolate in the microwave or on the stove in a double boiler.
6. Cool chocolate slightly, and using a slotted spoon, lower the cookies into the chocolate to coat them.
7. Place on waxed paper, and top with sprinkles.
8. Refrigerate truffles until they harden, about one hour.
- For a vegan version of this recipe, substitute vegan chocolate chips and cream cheese for the regular varieties.
- Store in a tightly sealed container.
Written By: Shannon R