You will need:
• 1 cup flour
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 cup milk
• 2 tablespoons canola oil
• 1 egg
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Combine sugar, flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
2. In a large bowl, mix together milk, canola oil, egg and vanilla extract.
3. Add dry ingredients to egg-milk mixture, and stir until moistened.
4. Pour onto griddle in ¼-cup portions, and cook over medium heat.
5. Top with butter and your favorite syrup, and serve.
- Do not overmix your pancake batter because you will burst the air bubbles, which are crucial for light, fluffy pancakes.
- Sprinkle a few drops of water on your griddle to see if it’s hot enough. When the drops sizzle and dance, the griddle is ready.
- Turn your pancakes only once. The second side will cook twice as fast as the first.
Written By: Shannon R