|Pie Crust Recipe|
You will need:
• 2 cups flour
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 cup butter-flavor all-vegetable shortening
• ½ cup very cold water
1. Combine flour and salt in a large bowl.
2. Add the shortening, and mix with a pastry blender until dough resembles large crumbs.
3. Add water to flour-shortening mixture, and mix with a fork until dough clings together.
4. Divide dough into two balls, making one slightly larger than the other.
5. Place the larger portion of dough on a floured pastry cloth or rolling mat. Add enough flour to the top of the dough to prevent it from sticking as you roll it out.
6. Roll until dough circle is about 1 inch larger than inverted pie plate.
7. Transfer to pie plate, and trim off excess pastry.
8. Add your filling to the pastry-lined pie plate.
9. Repeat process with second portion of dough, but make circle 1 inch smaller.
10. Carefully drape the rolled-out top crust over the filled pie plate.
11. Seal the edges of the pastry, and cut slits in the center of the pie to allow steam to escape.
12. Bake pie as directed by the filling recipe.
- Halve the recipe for a single-crust pie.
Written By: Shannon R