You will need:
• 6 egg yolks
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar
• 2/3 cup milk
• 1 1/4 cups chilled heavy cream
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 pound mascarpone cheese
• 1/2 cup brewed coffee, very strong, room temperature
• 4 tablespoons Kahlua or rum
• 24 ladyfinger cookies
• 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1. Whisk sugar with egg yolks in a medium pan until blended.
2. Add milk and continue to whisk over medium heat until the mixture reaches a boil.
3. Keep at a low boil for one minute, and remove from stove. Cool slightly.
4. Cover mixture and refrigerate for one hour.
5. Beat vanilla and cream in a medium bowl until mixture forms stiff peaks.
6. Add mascarpone to chilled yolk mixture, and whisk until smooth.
7. Combine Kahlua or rum and coffee in a small bowl. Drizzle ladyfingers with coffee mixture.
8. Place half of the moistened ladyfingers on the bottom of a 7-x-11-inch dish.
9. Layer one-half of mascarpone mixture on top of ladyfingers, followed by half the whipped cream.
10. Repeat layers.
11. Top with cocoa powder.
12. Cover and refrigerate.
13. Let set 24 to 48 hours to allow flavors to blend and intensify.
Image Credit: jamieann
Written By: Shannon R