|High Risk Car Insurance|
Follow a few pointers to find affordable auto insurance for high-risk drivers. Do your research, improve your driving habits, and you may be back in the low-risk category within three years.
1. Review your credit score and credit report. Insurance companies see a link between a low credit score and a high probability that you will file a claim with them. Correct any errors that may contribute to a poor credit score and your subsequent inclusion in the high-risk group.
2. Request a rate review. Insurance companies occasionally make errors that may place you among the high-risk driver group. An example is traffic tickets that should have been removed from your driving record but remain there by mistake.
3. Enroll in a defensive driving course. You want the insurer to see that you take your driving responsibilities seriously and want to get back on the right track.
4. Consider changing your policy to include lower coverage and higher deductibles. This will help keep your rates affordable.
5. Buy a lower-value car to lower your premium.
6. Search online or in your phone book for agents from reputable auto insurance companies. Explain your situation and what you are looking for in terms of insurance coverage. Ask for quotes, and pick the one that best suits your needs. Look not only at price but at coverage as well.
7. Shop around until you find the best deal, and read the policy carefully before signing.
8. Make your insurance payments faithfully. Insurers are wary of a driver who has missed payments.
Image Credit: thedalogs
Written By: Shannon R