|Cake Pops Recipe|
You will need:
• 1 cake (made from scratch or from a mix)
• Frosting (1 container or equivalent amount of homemade frosting)
• 1 package lollipop sticks
• Chocolate for melting
• Decorative candies or sprinkles (optional)
• Piece of Styrofoam (to work as a stand for dipped cake pops)
1. Bake cake, and leave it to cool.
2. Crumble the cooled cake into fine crumbs, and place in a large bowl.
3. Stir the frosting into the crumbled cake mixture, and mix thoroughly, using your hands if necessary.
4. Shape into balls approximately 1 inch in size.
5. Transfer to nonstick cookie sheet.
6. Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
7. Melt chocolate in double-boiler or microwave.
8. Dip lollipop sticks in melted chocolate, and insert into cake pops.
9. Dip cake pops in chocolate, and insert stick ends into Styrofoam.
10. If decorating with sprinkles or candies, do so before the chocolate dries.
- Keep your cake pops small, or they may fall off the sticks.
- If your melted chocolate becomes too thick for dipping, thin it with shortening or butter.
Written By: Shannon R