|Homemade Ice Cream|
Read on to learn how to make delicious ice cream easily and quickly.
You will need:
• 1 10-ounce package of frozen sliced strawberries, mixed berries, blackberries or raspberries
• 1/3 cup sugar
• 2/3 cup half-and-half or heavy cream
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Pour berries and sugar into food processor.
2. Process until the fruit is chopped into small pieces.
3. Continue to process while pouring in the cream and vanilla extract. Process until the mixture is fully combined.
4. Serve at once, or keep in the freezer for up to one week.
- Your ice cream will be soft-serve consistency. If it is not firm enough for your taste, place in the freezer until it reaches the consistency you desire.
- The longer you leave ice cream in the freezer, the thicker it will become. Stir once in a while to prevent to prevent crystallization.
- For a lower-fat version, try substituting milk for a portion of the cream.
- Experiment by using different types of fruit or adding chocolate chips and nuts to your ice cream.
Written By: Shannon R