|Spaghetti Squash Recipe|
Follow some easy steps to boil, bake and microwave spaghetti squash.
1. Cut the squash in half.
2. Use a spoon to remove fibers and seeds.
3. Pierce the rind with a sharp knife or skewer to enable steam to escape.
4. Set squash halves flesh-side down in a large pot, and add 2 inches of water.
5. Boil water, cover pot, reduce heat and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until squash is tender.
7. Scrape the interior flesh with a fork, placing the strands into a serving dish.
1. Cut in half lengthwise or leave whole. If baking whole, pierce rind with sharp knife or skewer.
2. Remove fibers and seeds with a spoon if you have cut squash in half.
3. Set whole squash in baking dish. If using squash halves, place flesh-side down in a baking dish with enough water to cover bottom of dish.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for one hour.
5. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut whole squash in half, and remove seeds and fibers.
6. Scrape out flesh with fork.
7. Serve at once.
1. Cut squash in half lengthwise, and remove seeds and fibers.
2. Pierce skin in several places to allow steam to escape.
3. Set squash halves flesh-side down in microwave-safe dish containing ¼ cup of water.
4. Drape with plastic wrap, piercing wrap for steam escape.
5. Microwave for 10 to 20 minutes on high power. Squash is ready when skin gives under the pressure of an oven mitt.
6. Let stand for two minutes.
7. Scrape inside flesh into a bowl.
- Look for deep yellow squashes with no soft spots.
- Serve with olive oil, butter or traditional spaghetti sauce.
Written By: Shannon R