Choose the right recipe, and you can have restaurant-quality steak without paying restaurant prices.
Read on to learn how to prepare great steak by grilling it or by searing it on the stove top and finishing in the oven.
You will need:
• 4 pounds sirloin steak
• ½ cup butter
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 teaspoons garlic powder
• Salt and pepper
1. Preheat outdoor grill to high.
2. Melt butter in small saucepan over medium-high heat, and mix in minced garlic and garlic powder. Put to the side.
3. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper on both sides.
4. Grill steaks for 4 or 5 minutes on each side or until done.
5. Place on plates, and brush with melted garlic butter.
6. Let rest for 2 minutes before serving.
Grilling Steaks On The Stove Top/Oven
• Sirloin steaks
• Olive oil
• Salt and pepper
1. Bring steaks to room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
3. Pat steaks dry, and season them with salt and pepper.
4. Cover bottom of oven-proof skillet with oil, and heat on medium-high burner on stove top.
5. Sear steaks for 3 or 4 minutes per side, turning only once. Use your oven fan because steaks will smoke at this point.
6. Transfer steaks in oven-proof skillet to middle rack of hot oven.
7. Bake 5 to 10 minutes.
8. Check temperature with thermometer to see if steak is done. Take steak from oven when thermometer registers 145 degrees F.
9. Cover steak with foil and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving. The meat will continue to cook during this time, and the juices will settle.
- Select steaks that are bright red in color and evenly marbled with thin streaks of fat.
- Trim fat after the steak is cooked because it adds moisture during cooking.
- Do not pierce the steak before cooking because you will allow juices to escape, resulting in drier meat.
Written By: Shannon R